Bristol Renaissance Faire
Code of Conduct
Our mission is to provide a safe, clean and inviting experience for family entertainment. To ensure all of our guests enjoy their time at the Bristol Renaissance Faire, we require every visitor to comply with the following rules and policies.
Behavior: Guests are asked to conduct themselves in a manner appropriate for a family-friendly amusement park. Unruly, disruptive or offensive behavior, including failing to adhere to posted safety regulations, is strictly prohibited. Guests who appear intoxicated, under the influence of illegal substances or exhibit any other illicit or belligerent behavior will be escorted from the park without refund and/or turned over to the proper authorities.
Dress Guidelines: Proper attire is required for the duration of your visit to the Bristol Renaissance Faire. In order to maintain an environment suitable for guests of all ages, and in consideration of your personal health and safety, shirts and shoes must be worn at all times. Clothing depicting rude, vulgar and otherwise offensive language or images is not permitted. Clothing in multiple layers is subject to search. We reserve the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that we consider inappropriate or attire that could distract from the experience of other guests. Guests in violation of our dress code will be asked to leave and escorted from the park.
Language: Bristol Renaissance Faire adheres to a zero-tolerance policy regarding offensive language. Visitors using profanity or abusive language, including symbols or gestures, will be escorted from the premises and will not be eligible for a refund.
Smoking: For the comfort of all guests, smoking of tobacco, e-cigarettes, or other products that produce a vapor or smoke are allowed only in designated smoking areas.
Supervision of Underage Guests: Please supervise your children at all times. Guests under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a guest age 18 or older to enter the park.
Lost Children: We ask parents and guardians to remain with small children at all times. In the event you are separated from a person under your supervision, please contact the first available Bristol Renaissance Faire employee for assistance. RBF also recommends designating a centrally located meeting place to gather if someone in your party gets lost.
Commercial Photography: As a condition of entering the property, guests grant the Bristol Renaissance Faire permission to be photographed, filmed and video/audio recorded on premises without compensation for any reason. Commercial photography of every kind is prohibited within Bristol Renaissance Faire without explicit written consent from management. It is also forbidden to bring ancillary photography/videography equipment into the park without prior written approval, including, but not limited to, lights, tripods and reflectors.
Alcohol Consumption: Alcoholic beverages purchased in Bristol Renaissance Faire must be consumed on premises. No outside alcohol is permitted inside the park. All patrons are required to produce valid identification to purchase adult beverages, and no one under the age of 21 will be served. Please drink responsibly.
Animals/Pets: Service animals are permitted in the Bristol Renaissance Faire. All other animals and pets are prohibited. Service animals must remain on a leash or in a harness and under the control of the owner at all times. We ask you do not leave animals on the park perimeter. In such cases the appropriate authorities will be notified.
Inclement Weather: The Bristol Renaissance Faire reserves the right to temporarily shut down during electrical storms, heavy rain, high winds or otherwise dangerous weather conditions. There are no refunds for inclement weather.
Bag Checks: All persons, bags, parcels, clothing and other items may be subject to screening/security checks within our site and at the entrance. We reserve the right not to allow any bag, parcel, or other item to be brought into the park, and to deal with any unattended object in such way as we consider appropriate. We recommend you leave unnecessary articles in your car and secure valuables in your trunk.
The following items are not allowed at the Bristol Renaissance Faire:
- Firearms, knives, razor blades, weapons or objects of any kind capable of causing harm are strictly forbidden. All period-appropriate weaponry must be peace tied. See a BRF employee for help peace tying your weapon at the gate.
- Recreational devices such as drones, remote control toys are prohibited. Bicycles, skateboards, shoes with wheels, scooters and rollerblades are not permitted on the premises.
- Suitcases, backpacks (with or without wheels) larger than 24” long x 15” wide x 18” high are not permitted. (All allowed bags are subject to search; see “Bag Checks” below for details.)
- Wheeled mobility devices with less than 3 wheels or devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered or unoccupied. Training wheels or similar modifications are not permitted. Devices must be manually or electrically powered and operated at a walking pace. Devices should be single rider and not exceed 36” (92cm) in width and 52” (132cm) in length.
- Folding chairs are not permitted, as ample seating is available within the site.
- Selfie sticks (hand-held extension poles for cameras and mobile devices) and large tripods are not allowed, see our “Commercial Photography” policy for details.
- Glass containers (excluding small containers such as baby food jars) are a possible hazard and are not permitted.
- Other items that we determine may be harmful or disruptive.
Acceptable Outside Refreshments:
We offer a variety of fresh, delicious food for our guests to enjoy at concession stands throughout our Faire; however, we understand that guests may need to bring outside food and drink into our Faire. Please note the following guidelines for bringing food and drink into our park:
- Any food required for medical purposes and medically–indicated nutritional supplements
- Any food required for special dietary needs
- Baby food/baby formula
- Picnic lunches
- Food that requires heating or refrigeration
- Alcohol and glass containers (excluding baby food jars)
- Clothing with offensive language or content
- Clothing that represents someone as emergency personnel
Please be advised that all bags and personal items are subject to inspection.
Restricted/Backstage Areas: Restricted areas are off limits to visitors. Guests attempting to enter restricted areas will be escorted from the Faire without refund.
First Aid Station: Should you or a member of your party require medical assistance, our First Aid Station is located next to the Globe Stage. Medical personnel are on duty at all times during park operating hours. Ask any employee for assistance or directions.
Lost & Found: While the Bristol Renaissance Faire is not responsible for lost and stolen personal items, we will do everything we can to help you recover your property. For assistance please visit Lost & Found, located at Guest Services inside the Bristol Renaissance Faire.
The following activities are not allowed at the Bristol Renaissance Faire:
- The sale of goods or services or the display of goods or services for sale.
- The distribution of printed or recorded materials of any kind.
- Engaging with other Guests or impeding the operation while posing as or portraying any character in costume.
- Unauthorized events, demonstrations or speeches, or the usage of any flag, banner or sign for commercial purposes, or to incite a crowd.
- Feeding any animals in the park, including birds.
- Photography, videotaping, or recording of any kind for commercial purposes.
- Engaging in any unsafe act or other act that may impede the operation of the Park or any associated facility.
Law Compliance: The Bristol Renaissance Faire is committed to providing a safe environment. In addition to our Code of Conduct, guests are required to follow all local, state and federal laws, rules and on-site instructions.
- We may photograph, film, videotape, record or otherwise reproduce the image and/or voice of any person who enters any Park and use the same for any purpose without payment to any person.
- We reserve the right to deny admission, or to require a person already admitted to leave a Park, without refund, liability or compensation if we consider that the circumstances so require.
- Park Rules and Regulations are subject to change without notice.
- If you have any questions, please visit any Guest Services location.