The New York Renaissance Faire
2017 Photo Contest
Taking Photos at the Faire
We try our best to make The New York Renaissance Faire a feast for the eyes. Many amateur and professional photographers spend their time at our Faire and the results are amazing. Feel free to bring your camera or camcorder out with you, whether you consider yourself a pro or just starting out.
Photos taken at the New York Renaissance Faire may only be used for personal use unless written authorization is granted from Renaissance Entertainment Productions. If you would like to come out to our Faire and film or take pictures for a project, contact Marianyrfpr@gmail.com or call 845-351-5171. Thank you.
2017 Photo Contest Rules:
The 2017 Photo Contest opens 11/25/17 and entries are accepted through 1/31/18
CATEGORIES 1 Winner & 1 Honorable Mention will be awarded for each
- Living History
- Your Faire – What makes the New York Renaissance Faire special for you?
- The Professional – A category for the professional or semi-pro photographer.
First Prize: Renaissance Royal Treatment for TWO!
- Includes an overnight stay at Host Hotel, Homewood Suites in Mahwah – for two!
- 20 Complimentary Tickets for the 2018 New York Renaissance Faire.
- Two Commemorative Goblets for the 2018 Faire season.
Collectable Souvenir Mug and 10 Complimentary Tickets for 2018 New York Renaissance Faire!
Honorable Mentions: 6 Complimentary Tickets for the 2018 New York Renaissance Faire!
2017 New York Renaissance Annual Photo Contest Terms & Conditions
No purchase necessary.
- Employees of the New York Renaissance Faire and their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
- Only photos of the New York Renaissance Faire 2017 season may be submitted.
- Limit: 12 total entries per person. You may enter 2 photos in each category.
- The New York Renaissance Faire reserves the right to substitute prizes based on availability.
- Prizes are not transferable and NO substitutions for cash will be made.
- Entered photos may be used in connection with advertising, promotions and other activities.
By entering contest, participants grant the New York Renaissance Faire and Renaissance Entertainment Productions full rights to publish and/or exhibit their photos without payment or compensation.
- Winning photos will be selected by a panel of judges. Decisions of the judges are final and will be posted no later than July 2018.
- How to enter photos:
- Images must be no smaller than 2 mb or no larger than 8 mb. We are looking for print quality images – at least 8″x10″ at 300dpi or 2500×2500 true size. This size requirement does NOT apply to the Selfie category! The photos submitted for the ‘Selfie’ category may be any size (but larger, clearer images are more likely to win).
- Images must be sent in jpg format.
You may send emailed photos as attachments. Please include the following information in the BODY of the email:
Photo Category (1. Living History, 2. Fantasy, 3. Selfie, 4. Your Faire 5. Action/Adventure 6. The Professional)
Photo Title/Description (or the story surrounding the photo)
Helpful Hints for your Entries:
- Photos are judged by composition (lighting, focus, etc.), how well the photo fits the theme, and the uniqueness of the shot.
- This is a photo contest. It is not a Photoshop contest. Overly processed images are less likely to win.
- Make sure your photo tells a story, even if it is “We had a good time at the Faire!
- The Faire will not adjust your photos for judging purposes, so please crop or adjust before submitting.
Entries must be sent to email@example.com
Emails sent after 1/31/18 will not be admitted into the contest.
Winning photos will be displayed on our website renfair.com/ny
All photos will appear on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/nyrenfair
2016 Winners and Honorable Mentions
Click on any thumbnail to see it full-sized.
Overall Winner: Gus Apazidis
Living History Winner:
Richard A. Jones
Your Faire Winner
The Professional Winner
Richard A. Jones
Living History Honorable Mention
Fantasy Honorable Mention
Selfie Honorable Mention
Your Faire Honorable Mention
Action/Adventure Honorable Mention
The Professional Honorable Mention