What’s New for 2016?
The New York Renaissance Faire Celebrates its 39th Season with New Stages, Shows, Activities and Culinary Delights!
2016 marks the 39th season of the New York Renaissance Faire, located in Tuxedo, New York. The Faire is a rollicking romp through Elizabethan England, set within the Majestic Groves of the Sterling Forest.
Open Saturdays, Sundays and Labor Day, August 6 through October 2 from 10 AM to 7 PM. We are located at 600 Rt. 17 A, Tuxedo Park, NY.
Visitors to our Shire will be greeted by new stages, shows, games, rides, culinary delights and much more.
- A majestic NEW Roselawn Tournament Field offers even better sight lines, VIP seating opportunities, and improved acoustics so visitors may better hear the thunder of hooves, the clash of steel and the battle cries of our noble Jousters! Truly a field fit for our Queen!
- Put yourself in the middle of the action with VIP Seating at the Roselawn Tournament Joust Field! Enjoy the Royal Treatment with covered seating, a bottle of water and an exclusive souvenir. Tickets are $5 per person/per Joust!
- Seating is limited to 300 people per joust and may be purchased at the Information Booth in the Village Green. Joust tournaments are scheduled for 2:30 pm and 6 pm. VIP seating opens 30 minutes before each show.
- The completely re-envisioned Willow’s Faire food pavilions offer a smorgasbord of choices, served from soaring NEW multi-story Tudor shoppes.
- The elegant NEW Tudor Rose Stage plays host to musicians, comedians and more!
- Fans of epic adventure may follow Robin Hood, his love Maid Marian and the Merry Band of Outlaws as they wage their timeless battle against the Sheriff of Nottingham and his army of sword-wielding brutes. A dozen ALL-NEW tales unfold throughout the Shire. Pick a side! Join the Merry Band in the Top Secret Robin Hood Hide-out or enlist in the Sheriff’s Guard at his Hilltop Encampment.
- For even more swashbuckling excitement, visit the NEW Pirate’s Cove, where legendary sea dogs Grace O’Malley, Mary Killigrew, Calico Jack Rackham, Ann Bonny and Mary Read go cutlass-to-cutlass over the Treasure of Jonas Grumby! Even Francis Drake gets in on the plunderous action! Just a dozen yards windward of the Maypole.
- Aaron Bonk will appear all season. Bonk is a unique entertainer with a twisted sense of humor who risks his life to make you laugh. His refreshingly original Fire Whip Sword Show is a seriously ridiculous blend of amazing artistry, extraordinary skill and crazy personality. Machetes, whips, axes and fire—the hottest show in all the Shire!
- The internationally-renowned Tortuga Twins (all three of them) will bring their outrageous style of comedy to the New York Renaissance Faire for the first full season. Beware! They have been called “Asthma-attack-inducingly funny.”
- NEW activities abound throughout the Shire, including contests of skill and strategy as well as fascinating educational opportunities for all ages. Learn a new craft at the Queen’s College. Master Elizabethan board games like Nine Man’s Morris. Study military sword and pike training at both the Landsknecht Encampment and Queen’s Grove. Hear the ancient tales of the Vikings at the ever-growing Skaldvik
- NEW food shoppes are introducing the tastes of the East and the Southwest to our English village, with Asian Fusion cuisine as well as fresh Mexican Indeed, there is now something for every taste in Sterling Shire!
- We welcome these NEW gifted artists and merchants to our ever-growing Marketplace:
- Mountain Song Herbals LLC, Teas, Creams & Oils
- Wanderer’s Wood, Walking Sticks, Brooms, Wands & Canes
- Ram’s Head Leatherworks, Leather Armor
- Toadstool’s Cornish Mushrooms, Carved Mushrooms, Mushroom Tables and Mushroom Grow Kits
- Enchanted Adornments, Hair Tassels
- Valhalla Horns, Drinking Horns, Blowing Horns & Horn Wear
DATES: WEEKENDS INCLUDING LABOR DAY
August 6th through October 2nd 2016
Saturdays, Sundays & Labor Day Monday
10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. – Open Rain or Shine
WHERE: 600 Route 17A – Sterling Forest – Tuxedo, NY 10987
40 Minutes from Manhattan; in the heart of the Hudson Valley
11 miles south of The Woodbury Common Premium Outlets
TICKETS: At the Box Office on Faire Days
• Adult Ticket: $25.00 (ages 13 & up)
• Child Ticket: $12.00 (ages 5-12)
• Children under 5 years of age are always FREE!
• Group Rates available for 15 or more by calling 845-351-5171
• Senior & Military discounts at the Box Office on Faire Days
PARKING: General Parking Free! – Preferred Parking $10.00 per vehicle
Transportation: GET ON THE BUS! Ride like a KING or QUEEN! On event days, DIRECT round-trip bus transportation is available from Port Authority in NYC directly to the Faire! Visit: www.shortlinebus.com