New York Renaissance Faire Code of Conduct
Our mission is to provide a safe and inviting experience for family entertainment. To ensure all of our guests enjoy their time at the New York Renaissance Faire, we require every visitor to comply with the following rules and policies included in this code of conduct.
Behavior: Guests are asked to conduct themselves in a manner appropriate for a family-friendly amusement park. Unruly, disruptive, or offensive behavior, including failing to adhere to posted safety regulations, is strictly prohibited. Guests who appear intoxicated, under the influence of illegal substances, or exhibit any other illicit or belligerent behavior will be escorted from the park without refund and/or turned over to the proper authorities.
Dress Guidelines: Proper attire is required for the duration of your visit to the New York Renaissance Faire. In order to maintain an environment suitable for guests of all ages, and in consideration of your personal health and safety, shirts and shoes must be worn at all times. Clothing depicting rude, vulgar, and otherwise offensive language or images is not permitted. Clothing in multiple layers is subject to search. We reserve the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that we consider inappropriate or attire that could distract from the experience of other guests. Guests in violation of our dress code will be asked to leave and escorted from the park.
Language: The New York Renaissance Faire adheres to a zero-tolerance policy regarding offensive language. Visitors using profanity or abusive language, including symbols or gestures, will be escorted from the premises and will not be eligible for a refund.
Smoking: For the comfort of all guests, smoking of tobacco, e-cigarettes, or other products that produce a vapor or smoke are not permitted at stages, food, and beverage lines, or in children’s areas.
Supervision of Underage Guests: Please supervise your children at all times. Guests under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a guest age 18 or older to enter the park.
Lost Children: We ask parents and guardians to remain with small children at all times. In the event you are separated from a person under your supervision, please contact the first available New York Renaissance Employee for assistance. NYRF also recommends designating a centrally located meeting place to gather if someone in your party gets lost.
Commercial Photography: As a condition of entering the property, guests grant the New York Renaissance Faire permission to be photographed, filmed and video/audio recorded on-premises without compensation for any reason. Commercial photography of every kind is prohibited within the New York Renaissance Faire without explicit written consent from management. It is also forbidden to bring ancillary photography/videography equipment into the park without prior written approval, including, but not limited to, lights, tripods, reflectors, and drones.
Alcohol Consumption: Alcoholic beverages purchased in the New York Renaissance Faire must be consumed on-premises. No outside alcohol is permitted inside the park or parking lots. All patrons are required to produce valid identification to purchase adult beverages, and no one under the age of 21 will be served. Please drink responsibly.
Animals/Pets: Service animals are permitted in the New York Renaissance Faire. All other animals and pets are prohibited. Service animals must remain on a leash or in a harness and under the control of the owner at all times. We ask that you do not leave animals in your car or on the park perimeter. In such cases, the appropriate authorities will be notified.
Bag Checks: All persons, bags, parcels, clothing, and other items may be subject to screening/security checks within our site and at the entrance. We reserve the right to not allow any bag, parcel, or other items to be brought into the park and to deal with any unattended object in such a way we consider appropriate. We recommend you leave unnecessary articles in your car and secure valuables in your trunk.
The following items are not allowed at the New York Renaissance Faire:
- Functional firearms, knives, razor blades, weapons, or objects of any kind capable of causing harm are strictly forbidden. All period-appropriate weaponry must be peace-tied. See an NYRF employee for help peace tying your weapon at the gate.
- Recreational devices such as drones, or remote control toys are prohibited. Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, shoes with wheels, and rollerblades are not permitted on the premises.
- Suitcases and backpacks (with or without wheels) larger than 24” long x 15” wide x 18” high are not permitted. All allowed bags are subject to search (see “Bag Checks” above for details).
- Wheeled mobility devices with fewer than 3 wheels are not permitted.
- Selfie-sticks (hand-held extension poles for cameras and mobile devices) and large tripods are not allowed, see our “Commercial Photography” policy for details.
- Glass containers (excluding small containers such as baby food jars) are a possible hazard and are not permitted.
- Other items that we determine may be harmful or disruptive.
Restricted/Backstage Areas: Restricted areas are off-limits to visitors. Guests attempting to enter restricted areas will be escorted from the faire without a refund.
First Aid Station: Should you or a member of your party require medical assistance, our First Aid Station is located on Swan Circle. Medical personnel are on duty at all times during park operating hours. Ask any NYRF employee for assistance or directions.
Lost & Found: While the New York Renaissance Faire is not responsible for lost and stolen items, we will do everything we can to help you recover your property. For assistance, please visit Lost & Found, located at the Information Booth inside the park.
The following activities are not allowed at the New York Renaissance Faire:
- The sale of goods or services or the display of goods or services for sale.
- The distribution of printed or recorded materials of any kind.
- Engaging with other guests or impeding the operation while posing as or portraying any character in costume.
- Unauthorized events, demonstrations, or speeches, or the usage of any flag, banner, or sign for commercial purposes, or to incite a crowd.
- Feeding any animals in the park, including birds.
- Photography, videotaping, or recording of any kind for commercial purposes.
- Engaging in any unsafe act or other act that may impede the operation of the park or any associated facility.
Law Compliance: The New York Renaissance Faire is committed to providing a safe environment. In addition to our Code of Conduct, guests are required to follow all local, state, and federal laws, rules, and on-site instructions.
- We reserve the right to deny admission, or to require a person already admitted to leave the park, without refund, liability, or compensation if we consider that the circumstances so require.
- We may photograph, film, videotape, record, or otherwise reproduce the image and/or voice of any person who enters the park and use the same for any purpose without payment to any person.
- Park Rules and Regulations, including this Code of Conduct, are subject to change without notice.
- If you have any questions regarding this Code of Conduct, please visit our Information Booth.